Location Within Country: Bagerhat, Khulna
|Duration of assignment (months): |
|Name of Client: Alliance Forum Foundation (AFF), JAPAN|
|Start date (month/year): January 2016|
Completion date (month/year): December 2016
|Narrative description of Project:|
To improve the nutrition level of children in the rural areas of Bagerhat District in Khulna division through providing training their parents on healthy food preparation with an easy recipe.
|Description of technical specialization provided by the firm:|
In Bagerhat, the agricultural activities are restricted due to land outflow and salt damage caused by riverbank erosion, and it is vulnerable to damage to lifestyle and eating habits. In the retrospect, the project was carried out on 3,000 children under the age of 5 as direct beneficiaries. The Alliance Forum Foundation (AFF) and JCF worked on this project to improve the nutrition of children under the age of 5 who belong to families of MF groups with various eating habits. The mothers and the children under the age of 5 were direct beneficiaries in Bagerhat District, the target area of the project, and the microfinance (MF) receivers. The activities were following:
• Developing a questionnaire for the survey
• Interviewed the focus group about breakfast, lunch, and dinner cooking / regular meals, fruit regular meals, milk and dairy products.
• Designing data collection methods/approach, checklists, and other data collection tools
• Submitted the study report
• Repeated revisions according to the local situation and the level of understanding to which the technology was transferred.